Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blackberry Muffins

Last week I picked up some blackberries from a local farm (http://www.schrammfarms.com/). I've never made anything with blackberries before so I looked up recipes online and found one for muffins, that only took about a cup of the berries, which is all I had, so I made them. They turned out a bit like biscuits: not very sweet at all. They would be best served warm with a sweet butter on them, or maybe add a crisp topping of brown sugar.

Blackberry muffins Recipe #12184

35 min | 5 min prep | SERVES 4 -6

1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 beaten egg
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup frozen blackberries (frozen, they're easier to work with)

1. Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
2. Toss blackberries in dry ingredients til flour coated.
3. Mix together liquid ingredients.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix just til moist.
5. Spoon batter into jumbo muffin cups (ungreased).
6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes .

© 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

* I did not use any whole wheat flour, I only used white, and I used FRESH not frozen berries. And I used regular sized muffin tins, so I got 12 total muffins.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: