Monday, August 20, 2007

Pepperoni Rolls

I love those recipe books in the check-out isles at the grocery stores, but they are way to expensive for recipes you can just find on the internet for free. However, when I lived in Squirrel Hill a while ago I purchased on of the Pillsbury ones, for this Pepperoni Roll recipe. I make them pretty frequently, and I was hungry so I made some yesterday although I didn't realize until too late that I had the wrong rolls on hand, I had Honey Butter (my FAVE) when I needed Buttermilk. Oh well. Yummy anyway.

Ok I can't find the recipe or my book, so here is what you do:

Easy Pepperoni Rolls

1 Package Grands Style Buttermilk Biscuits
16 Pepperoni Slices
1 Brick of Kraft Colby Jack Cheese

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the brick of cheese into 8 small squares. Flatten biscuits or use your fingers to stretch them out, insert 2 pieces of pepperoni and one piece of cheese. Wrap dough around to seal. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 16ish minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burnt bottoms!!

Usually the cheese leaks out and makes yummy cheese crisps on the cookie sheet. That is my favorite part. You can also use less pepperoni per roll.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Nick said...

I've wanted a pepperoni roll recipe forever.

I like them with a slab of pepperoni in them, tho. Like, take a stick of pepperoni and slice it in 4ths.

get me?

Chewy Waffles said...

Yeah, that would totally work! In the other recipes I found, people used shredded cheese instead too.

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try to make my own variation of a gluten free pepperoni roll like this now, you've INSPIRED me!