Friday, June 15, 2007

Banana Crunch Cake

I almost forgot! As I was shopping, I came across an Amish Cookbook that had a recipe in it for "Banana Crunch Cake" and it sounded pretty good. I didn't end up getting that recipe book but I looked it up online and a version of it turned out to be the 1973 Pillsbury Bake off winner!!!! However, the main difference between the two is that the Amish version uses "1 pkg. coconut pecan icing mix" which I didn't even know existed, and it seems less complicated so that is the version I am going to attempt (if I can find that mix) since I have a ripe banana sitting around.

Here is the Amish Version:

BANANA BUNDT CRUNCH CAKE

5 tbsp. butter
1 pkg. coconut pecan icing mix
1 c. rolled oats
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 lg. bananas
1 pkg. yellow cake mix

Combine butter, icing mix and rolled oats; set aside. In large bowl blend together eggs, sour cream, bananas and cake mix for 2 minutes. Pour 1/3 batter into well greased bundt pan then 1/3 crumb mix. Repeat twice. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before turning out.

1 comment:

Nick said...

I love love love things with oats in them.

I hope this turns out!