Monday, July 28, 2008

Peanutbutter Iced Brownies

Last week I made a simple box brownie mix (Betty Crocker) and made a peanut butter frosting for it from scratch, from a recipe I found in the newspaper (Relish Magazine) awhile ago, that I had clipped and put in my recipe book http://www.relishmag.com/recipes/view/27738/chocolate-cake-peanut-butter.html . It was not as creamy as I would have liked, but I think I could have added more milk as the recipe suggests. Overall, the peanut butter/chocolate brownie combination was really good.

Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe

5 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons, confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 to 5 tablespoons 2 percent low-fat milk

Instructions

To make the frosting, mix butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla with a mixer; beat well. Add peanut butter. Add 2 tablespoons milk slowly, beating until very creamy. Add up to 3 additional tablespoons milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency. When cake has cooled, frost top.


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: