Monday, September 10, 2007

Buckwheat Pancakes

Today my mom and I got up early and went to the Flax Scutching Festival in Stahlstown, PA. We used to go with my sister and nieces and nephew when we were all little for their "famous" buckwheat pancakes. I took a pic, and decided to post about it because most people have never even heard of buckwheat. I guess you could say it has a yeasty/sourdough/beer taste too it. It definitely must be eaten with sweet syrup to complement that flavor. My friend Lesley says that it is safe to eat for those with gluten-allergies so I bought a bag of buckwheat flour and I'm going too look for dessert recipes to make for her.

Her is the link to the festival:
http://flaxscutching.com/

Here is the picture:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Nick said...

I don't know how much I like buckwheat. I don't like Soba noodles which are buckwheat noodles in Japan... so pancakes? I dunnnnooo.

Unknown said...

So I finally figured out how to comment on these things! Buckwheat is definitely an interesting taste, I love it though but no one else in my family does other than my Mum.