Monday, May 19, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

Today, my friends were sick, so I decided to attempt homemade chicken noodle soup. Let's not forget that I am a baker, not a cook, so this could be bad. I followed a recipe on the back of a Swanson Broth container, but I bought a different brand, so I just went from what I remembered while looking at the Swanson box in the grocery store, lol.

Chicken Noodle Soup

1 chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1 box 32oz chicken broth (maybe you should buy 2 boxes)
1/2 bag of homemade ribbon-like noodles
1 carrot
3 mini celery sticks
shake of parsley
shake of spicy chicken seasoning
salt + pepper



Start broth on med-high, sauté chicken in some olive oil until cooked. Add to broth along with parsley and seasonings. Cut up celery and carrots and put into skillet that you used for the chicken, add more olive oil if necessary. Cook for a little bit then add to broth. Boil noodles like the directions say, add to broth and serve. I'll post the reviews tomorrow!!!

No comments: