Monday, October 15, 2007

Castle Cake!

This is pretty much the most exciting thing ever. My friend Nirvana's birthday was yesterday and she loves Cinderella, and being treated like a princess, so I thought I should make her a Castle Cake!! I got some ideas off of the internet, basically I just needed to know how to make towers (two ice cream cones, icing-glued together!). I used two boxes of french vanilla cake mix, and one strawberry icing and one funfetti icing. Some of the batter I dyed pink with food coloring to make it more fun!! And I used smarties and hershey's chocolate to decorate!! Also, I got three aluminum ramekin type things from a flea market, and used them to make the (upside-down) heart shaped door!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Nick said...

oh man!!!!

this is so wonderful!

it makes me think of Ace of Cakes.

You're so talented

Chewy Waffles said...

OMG you should have been there, at one point the towers almost fell off and it was INTENSE!! And then Roxanne had to hold it on her lap on the way to Nirvana's house and I had to drive sooo slow!!!!!!