Thursday, November 29, 2007

Raspberry Cobbler

I found a recipe for Blueberry Cobbler online, and coincidentally had a bag of berries in the freezer, although they were Raspberries. My mom wants to defrost the freezer so I've been trying to use up everything and yesterday I decided to make this recipe to use the Raspberries. It was so amazing, I can't even tell you. If I could open a bakery, this would sell like crazy and I would be totally rich. For real.

Here is the website I found it from:
http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/2007/08/the_great_cobbl.html

However, here is an easier list of the recipe:

1 stick butter
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
1 cup of sugar
2 cups berries

Melt the butter. Measure 1 cup of sugar and pour into a mixing bowl.Measure 1 cup self-rising flour and dump into the bowl. Whisk in 1 cup of milk. Mix together well.
Next add the melted butter into the bowl. Whisk together. Now butter a baking dish…
Now pour the batter into the buttered baking dish.Now start sprinkling the 2 cups of berries over the top of the batter.Try to distribute them evenly. Now, sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the top. Because if some sugar is good, even more sugar is better*.

Now pop the dish into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. You can sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.

*That single statement sums up the entire philosophy of my cooking.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Nick said...

OMG I love raspberries so much more than blueberries.

LOOKS DELICIOUS!